Please join us for the national webcast of “Effective Mediation and Settlement of Commercial Real Estate Disputes” on September 19, 2019 from 12-2 p.m. PST, co-sponsored by the California Lawyers Association and the Santa Clara County Bar Association. You may register at the following link: https://buff.ly/30uy3o9 It will also be presented live at the SCCBA Seminar & Conference Center in San Jose, CA, and will be available On Demand thereafter.
I am serving as the Program Chair and Moderator of this interactive program presentation. A highly experienced panel of experienced commercial real estate lawyers and mediators will focus on best practices in settling commercial real estate disputes in mediation through business solutions, cash payments or equitable remedies. We will focus on mediation and settlement of a variety of commercial real estate disputes including co-owner disputes; partition; partnership, LLC and LLP dissolutions; commercial lease disputes; and claims of misrepresentation and nondisclosure in purchase and sale agreements, real estate finance disputes, and other dispositions of commercial real estate.
The panel consists of John Cavin of Hoge Fenton, Nancy J. Johnson of Berliner Cohen LLP, Perry Woodward of Hopkins & Carley and Julia M. Wei of Diemer & Wei.
The topics will include:
- When is the right time to mediate and what are the benefits
- Assessment of liability and damages scenarios to reach a monetary solution
- Exploring potential business solutions to the dispute
- Who should attend the mediation
- Effective mediation memoranda, pre-hearing conferences and oral presentations at the mediation
- Opening offers and settlement moves, avoiding or breaking impasse and closing the deal
- Documenting the settlement
Please join us live or on the webcast or on demand. You may register at the following link: https://buff.ly/30uy3o9
Frank Burke, ADR Services, Inc.